cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Splits / Pace Analysis now showing elapsed (not moving) pace

Jana_S
Elbrus

It looks like there has been a change introduced in how the pace is being displayed for running activities. 

Before the change, the pace for splits would be shown as moving pace (i.e. ignoring for example pauses at traffic lights). Now, any pause is reflected in the pace, resulting in uneven outcome. 

When I checked my recent runs, I saw that an October 5 run was still recorded as expected, but next run from October 7 and all runs since then have the splits pace all over the place. 🫤

Is this a bug or an intentional change?

(Recording my runs with the native Apple Watch Workout app and importing from Apple Health to Strava via the iOS Strava app.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

rkleine
Shkhara

I create the support ticket #2801879:
-----------------------------------------------
I did 6 splits of 1km each and Strava shows them at a much faster pace than it was. I use an Apple Watch Ultra 1 (WatchOS: 10.0)

This happens when I record the workout on the Apple Watch Ultra using the Fitness App and in some of the segments I pause the workout and resume it a few seconds/minutes later. At the end of the workout it is synchronized with Strava and the segment that had a pause is the one that does not have the correct pace
Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start running workout on Fitness App
2. At kilometer 1.4, pause the training
3. Wait 2 minutes
4. Resume workout
5. Stop workout at kilometer 3
6. Sync training with Strava

The kilometer where the pause was is where Strava shows the pace poorly, it is always a stronger pace than the real one.

Furthermore this makes most PRs wrong, and some PRs are unrealistic. Also notice that the same thing happens to other users and that they have unrealistic PRs too

H4nd5omeR0b
Mt. Kenya

Experiencing the same issue. Since Strava doesn't support the Apple Watch Ultra...I, too, am recording my runs with the native Apple Watch Workout app and importing from Apple Health to Strava via the iOS Strava app.

Jan 12 Run - StravaJan 12 Run - Strava

Jan 12 Run - Activities.appJan 12 Run - Activities.app

rkleine
Shkhara

Hi @Jane 

I think it's related. I did 6 splits of 1km each and Strava shows them at a much faster pace than it was. I use an Apple Watch Ultra 1 (WatchOS: 10.0)

https://www.strava.com/activities/10257219674

correct - apple watchcorrect - apple watchincorrect - stravaincorrect - strava

Hi, a notification popped up on me that someone commented on my post - @rkleine, I think the issue you described is yet something else. The original bug I reported is already fixed, I’m not experiencing the problem anymore. But indeed what’s displayed on your run looks odd - the avg pace shown on the Strava record is 3:51/km (which seems to be correct - matches the Watch splits), but all the splits are well above that average… perhaps submit a support ticket..?

Hi @Jana_S Yep, the average pace is correct as you say. The bug apparently is only in the individual splits. Thank you very much for answering. I will submit a support ticket 🙌

Jana_S
Elbrus

Just in case anyone else experiences this - Support replied and indeed it’s a bug, hopefully will be fixed soon:

This is a known issue specifically related to newer Apple Watch devices. Basically, we had them added into our device database but there was a separate database they needed to be added to which allows proper parsing of activity data in the FIT files Apple sends us. 

We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Jana_S 

Thanks for posting about this and apologies for any confusion.  I'm not aware of any recent changes with this, so I'm going to escalate this ticket to our Support Team so someone can take a look at your activities and troubleshoot with you.

Jane (she/her)