cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting an event

BobBayman
Mt. Kenya

Can I record several sections of a run as one event? I am planning to run to the train station, pause Strava, jump on a train, get off the train, start Strava again, run to another station, etc. Can I do this as a single event?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @BobBayman
Thanks for your post. You would not be able to do this as a single event. Since you would have data points before getting on the train and then again when you get off the train, the activity would display a straight line across the map until the next data point begins. Unfortunately, there would be no way to remove this line other than cropping out the beginning of the ride before getting off the train. It would be best to record them as separate events to get accurate data.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @BobBayman
Thanks for your post. You would not be able to do this as a single event. Since you would have data points before getting on the train and then again when you get off the train, the activity would display a straight line across the map until the next data point begins. Unfortunately, there would be no way to remove this line other than cropping out the beginning of the ride before getting off the train. It would be best to record them as separate events to get accurate data.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team