cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start timer on a ride

chasty9
Mt. Kenya

I would like to see if its possible to delay the start of timer when starting a ride.

With cold weather starting in the northeast i find using gloves j need to wait to put one on until i hit the start button.

it would be nice not to have the timer running before i actually start pedaling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @chasty9 

Thanks for posting!  Sorry, there's no delay timer built into the Strava.  Keep in mind though, that we calculate your average ride speed based on your moving time, so the time spent getting ready will not be included in that.

We have more information on how we use moving time versus elapsed time here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @chasty9 

Thanks for posting!  Sorry, there's no delay timer built into the Strava.  Keep in mind though, that we calculate your average ride speed based on your moving time, so the time spent getting ready will not be included in that.

We have more information on how we use moving time versus elapsed time here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

So I’m in wave 5 waiting to cross the start line, with 10,000 runners behind me. And Strava expects me to stop and turn on recording? No way. MapMyRun, Nike… lots of tracking apps have a delayed start function. It’s basic. Instead of blaming users, tell your developers to get off their asses and fix it.