cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static bike/elliptical/rowing machine distance

vixand26
Shkhara

Any chance that we could log the distance covered on a static machine eg stationary bike, elliptical, rowing machine? It’s frustrating that these are excluded from the progress tab!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @vixand26 

Thanks for your reply.  If you're not recording the data, you can enter the distance by creating a manual entry and you will be able to input the distance.

By creating a manual activity, you can add it to Strava even if you didn't record it with a GPS device. Enter the time and distance for an activity (like a ride, run, hike, walk, etc.). This is a great way to keep track of your training, even if you aren't able to record with a GPS device.

On the web, select the plus sign icon in the upper right-hand corner. Select Add manual entry from the drop-down list.

On Android, select the plus sign icon on the bottom right of your feed and choose Manual Activity.

On iOS, select the plus sign icon in the upper left-hand corner and then Manual Activity.

Full instructions for manual entry

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

So Peloton have started allowing you to add distance to a ride if on a non Peloton ride. So surely you can now pull this distance through!

This was not the question. We want to add mileage to our other data which includes everything else. The syncing works fine, we just need to add mileage. Clearly this is a highly requested feature and should not be hard to add since we can enter mileage if we create the manual entry.

I can see I’m not the only one! I don’t want to add a manual activity as I’m synching data from Peloton; I just want to be able to update it with my distance. It’s only another, manual, field!

Hi @vixand26 

If you have a Peloton bike, you can link your Peloton and Strava accounts and your Peloton ride data (including distance) will appear on Strava.

Instructions to link Peloton and Strava

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Sorry but you are not helpfull! I have the same Problem! We are requesting the addition of a minor feature to record distance on indoor biking. We are not asking how to use the site/app! Please acknowledge that this problem can not be solved by directions to the user and forward it to the relevant developers!

I'd also like to ask Strava to please consider adding a distance field for tracking stationary bike mileage, it seems like simple addition to make that would be used widely by the user base. 

Come on, Strava, there are other people out there desperate for the addition of a distance field!

It’s not a Peloton, just a bog standard exercise bike in a bog standard gym. I guess I won’t get any further here, but would ask that Strava please consider adding this custom field to stationary biking workouts. Thanks!

Also interested in this feature. What all of the explanations above appear to lack is the ability to overlay distance with heart-rate data, capturing them as a single indoor event.