cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava App navigate to address

Statique
Mt. Kenya

Hi, I was riding yesterday using my IGP BSC300 bike computer that is connected to Strava. I received a call from a friend to go and visit. I have never been to his place so I asked for the address to navigate there and I wanted to create a route to the address in the Strava App but I found it impossible to simply add the address in a just ask the App to plan the route. 

There is a search option but when adding the address it would take it as the start point, once the start point is selected there is no longer a search option only the pencil or adding another waypoint by scrolling the map. 

I think this should be a really basic function, so I wonder what is that I do wrong? In desktop there is no problem with this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Statique
Thanks for the post and sorry for the delay. With a Strava subscription, you can create new routes in the Strava mobile app by navigating to your Maps tab.

The 'Routes' option under the Maps tab allows you to view suggested routes. Using the filters and search option provided gives you the ability to change the type of route you are looking for. For more information, please read our Strava Routes on mobile article.

If you wish to create your own route, scroll to the bottom of the 'Routes' option on the Maps tab till you see the 'Draw your own route' option. Tapping this option provides the ability to draw a custom route on the map.

When you are finished, any maps you save will appear under the 'Saved' option on the Maps tab.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Statique
Thanks for the post and sorry for the delay. With a Strava subscription, you can create new routes in the Strava mobile app by navigating to your Maps tab.

The 'Routes' option under the Maps tab allows you to view suggested routes. Using the filters and search option provided gives you the ability to change the type of route you are looking for. For more information, please read our Strava Routes on mobile article.

If you wish to create your own route, scroll to the bottom of the 'Routes' option on the Maps tab till you see the 'Draw your own route' option. Tapping this option provides the ability to draw a custom route on the map.

When you are finished, any maps you save will appear under the 'Saved' option on the Maps tab.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Statique
Mt. Kenya

Hi, I was riding yesterday using my IGP BSC300 bike computer that is connected to Strava. I received a call from a friend to go and visit. I have never been to his place so I asked for the address to navigate there and I wanted to create a route to the address in the Strava App but I found it impossible to simply add the address in a just ask the App to plan the route. 

There is a search option but when adding the address it would take it as the start point, once the start point is selected there is no longer a search option only the pencil or adding another waypoint by scrolling the map. 

I think this should be a really basic function, so I wonder what is that I do wrong? In desktop there is no problem with this.

Thanks