cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strava incorrect data?

Bliss
Mt. Kenya

Hi, this has happened again and I am getting annoyed by whatever Strava is doing with my team runs uploaded from garmin. Picture this:

runner A (garmin) and runner B (polar) run the same trail, have the same pace, same pauses, everything is basically the same. Stats in both garmin and polar app are nearly identical - obviously, we ran together. Yet on strava, my (garmin) activity is 52 MINUTES longer than my friends. Like how is that possible if we ran arm by arm? His average moving pace in Strava reflects exactly what his polar app says, in my case, according to strava - I am 30% slower than him. Where is the logic in this?

Garmin: https://strava.app.link/vjoeZ2WQIMb

Polar: https://strava.app.link/xWOk5LZQIMb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jana_S
Elbrus

Hey, it looks like the difference is in the "moving time" which Strava uses to calculate the pace... if you click the "view analysis" button, you'll see that the "elapsed time" is the same for both of you - so it looks like each device is pausing differently, Polar (auto)pausing much more frequently, making the "moving pace" seemingly faster.  - Does it make sense?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Bliss,

Going along with @Jana_Spoint of multiple pauses at different spots, when viewing the analysis of your garmin activity I noticed a GPS interruption that isn't represented in your Polar activity. This adds to the moving time difference between both devices as well.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Jana_S
Elbrus

Hey, it looks like the difference is in the "moving time" which Strava uses to calculate the pace... if you click the "view analysis" button, you'll see that the "elapsed time" is the same for both of you - so it looks like each device is pausing differently, Polar (auto)pausing much more frequently, making the "moving pace" seemingly faster.  - Does it make sense?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings