cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava weather stats are a complete JOKE. *Way* off every time! CAN'T DISABLE?

L_McLoskey
Pico de Orizaba

Anyone else notice that the weather stats (like the equally *wildly inaccurate* "calories" stat) are insanely inaccurate? I live in Miami. Today's ride was oppressively hot & humid. According to Strava, though, the temp was 79° F, with a "feels-like" temp of 83°. 
Ummm...NO! Not even CLOSE. According to Weather.com, the feels-like temp was a whopping 104° F! Slightly different, I'd say.
The Strava temps are not just "slightly off," but 10° to 20° off every single time.
I have no idea how/where Strava is getting the weather information, but it's wildly inaccurate, to the point where I do not want the bogus Strava weather info to automatically appear on the ride.
Is there no way to disable the weather stats? They automatically appear on the ride summary, despite being a complete joke.
This should be a feature users could disable!
Bottom line: If Strava can't provide accurate temps, the either DON'T provide them at all (!), or permit users to disable this silly feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

@L_McLoskey - You can go into your profile and "display preferences" and scroll down to the bottom and turn off the weather feature.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L_McLoskey
Pico de Orizaba

Thanks, @anchskier! I searched in the actual temp field, but you can only switch between F & C. I didn't go all the way to the bottom! D'oh!  Turned off.
(It's still rather silly that users have to turn it off due to the fact that it's so inaccurate! I wonder how/where they are getting the data? Because at least here in Miami, it's **wildly** inaccurate every day. Oh, well.)

anchskier
Denali

@L_McLoskey - You can go into your profile and "display preferences" and scroll down to the bottom and turn off the weather feature.  

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings