cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strave map in JustGiving shows Pacific ocean

finalarrow
Shkhara

I've linked my Strava account to my JustGiving account but every time I do a walk, I just see a map showing an area of the Pacific Ocean, and my walk route is not shown when I reposition the map to my location. Any idea why ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE: Our support team found that the user's device encountered GPS trouble towards the end of the activity which caused GPS information to be absent at the end of the file. This issue resulted in a straight line on the map which connect the last known positions. However, the issue in this activity should not cause the trouble you have reported on JustGiving. The next step would be to reach out to JustGiving's support team to gain more insight into how their system is processing activities.

JustGiving will have much more visibility into your JustGiving account. JustGiving's support team can be contacted using the following information: https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/articles/213345609-How-to-contact-us

I hope this information points you in the right direction. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Yep, my maps are coming through fine now.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Scout
Moderator Moderator

@00marks & @finalarrow
Thank you for posting your updates. Glad to hear that all is good now!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE: Our support team found that the user's device encountered GPS trouble towards the end of the activity which caused GPS information to be absent at the end of the file. This issue resulted in a straight line on the map which connect the last known positions. However, the issue in this activity should not cause the trouble you have reported on JustGiving. The next step would be to reach out to JustGiving's support team to gain more insight into how their system is processing activities.

JustGiving will have much more visibility into your JustGiving account. JustGiving's support team can be contacted using the following information: https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/articles/213345609-How-to-contact-us

I hope this information points you in the right direction. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi, yes, I did explain by email, which was probably the wrong way of doing it, that the loss of GPS information was simply because my phone ran out of charge on the walk and didn't pick up again until I got home and plugged it in to a charger.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @finalarrow
hank you for your post. Please go ahead and disconnect from the application and then try reconnecting. You can disconnect from any third-party applications here:

https://www.strava.com/settings/apps

If you still experience issues after this is done, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Is there any update on this as it seems to be affecting all Strava users of justgiving?

I got this from JustGiving yesterday 4th March at 4:50pm:

This is a current tech issue on the platform that has been escalated to our tech team to look into further. 

Due to the high volume of traffic we're dealing with, I'm afraid I can't give you an exact timeframe as to when this will be fixed, but please be assured that we are taking it seriously and working as quickly as possible.

There's no need to reply to this email, I will be back in touch as soon as I have an update for you.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience while we investigate further.

Thanks for letting us know.  This looks like a Justgiving issue rather than one specific to Strava.  It does look like it is affecting all Justgiving accounts that are linked to Strava.

Good news - looks like it is fixed now.

Yep, my maps are coming through fine now.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings