cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer not working for workouts and yoga

AB17
Mt. Kenya

When I record an activity such as a workout or a yoga session, the Strava timer doesn’t seem to work properly — a 55 minute aerobics session was logged as being 7 mins long. A 45 min yoga session was logged as being 26 mins long. 

My device is an iPhone 14 and I’m using the latest version of the Strava app — 351.0.0 — which was rolled out two days back.

I’ve been facing this issue for a week now. Can someone please explain why there’s a glitch? 

4 REPLIES 4

knitram76
Mt. Kenya

Hello, I am having the same issue: Yoga workouts always end up being some fraction of the actual time I recorded. Is this intentional? How is yoga time supposed to be tracked? Does it matter if my phone turns off or has become stationary?

fwiw, I did try resetting my time zone/location. No difference.

i am using an IPhone SE iOS 17.4.1, and I am using the native app.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi all, 
Thanks for your posts. First, can you please make sure your Strava app is running the most current version?

Apple App Store:
Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
How to update your apps on Apple: Support - Apple

Once confirmed, please try recording a new yoga activity see if that resolves the issue. 

If that doesn't work, your timezone may not be set correctly. We use your account's timezone to determine start time for activities that do not contain GPS information (indoor, workouts, swims, etc.). Please try the following:

1. Access your account through the Strava Website
  2. Go to Profile > Settings
  3. Select your current location and type in Los Angeles & Save (this is to reset the time zone, we recognize this is not your accurate location. You will reset your location in step 5)
    Scout_0-1711551750251.png

4. Select Refresh PageScout_1-1711551750233.png
  5. Enter in your correct location & Save.
  6. Select Refresh Page (if the time zone still does not refresh to match your location please try step 3 again and then refresh the page followed to ensure the time zone and location match. Then enter your correct location again and refresh the time zone). Sometimes the timezone gets stuck and just needs to get adjusted back and forth to reset itself. Once it is set and is accurate it will not revert back.

If this does not resolve your issue, please submit a support ticket and our support team will take a closer look at your account.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Maedehosseini
Mt. Kenya

Hi, when I do indoor workouts like yoga, the app doesn't accurately track my time. For example, I exercise for one hour, but the app only shows 20 minutes. What’s the problem? 

Can you send the link to the activity?