cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Strava export elapsed time instead od moving time while uploading to Training Peaks?

Drapski
Mt. Kenya

I use Training Peaks app to have my activities checked by my coach based on data that I upload from Strava. I do it manually by typing/export_tcx in the address bar and then uploading a tcx file to the Training Peaks calendar. However, I noticed that TP shows elapsed time instead of Moving time by default and in order to get it right, each time I have to edit the activity data and type correct time. Why is it so and is there a way to make Strava export moving time rather than elapsed time? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jan_Mantau
Denali

If you download a tcx file from Strava then this is the original file Strava got from the recording device. Strava won't alter this, else is wouldn't be the original anymore. It's on TrainingPeaks if they don't calculate the moving time from the uploaded file.

Usually you have to record activities with something that creates a FIT file, Trainingpeaks will apply the moving time it finds in this file. In that case you wouldn't even need to download/upload something as all the Wahoo/Garmin/Karoo and so on ecosystems can automatically upload to Trainingpeaks. Maybe that works with the thingy you record with too.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jan_Mantau
Denali

If you download a tcx file from Strava then this is the original file Strava got from the recording device. Strava won't alter this, else is wouldn't be the original anymore. It's on TrainingPeaks if they don't calculate the moving time from the uploaded file.

Usually you have to record activities with something that creates a FIT file, Trainingpeaks will apply the moving time it finds in this file. In that case you wouldn't even need to download/upload something as all the Wahoo/Garmin/Karoo and so on ecosystems can automatically upload to Trainingpeaks. Maybe that works with the thingy you record with too.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings