cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout name

marcotrumpet
Mt. Kenya

On my Garmin Connect calendar I have an activity created by Runna App with a name like "W6 Mon Tempo - Tempo 2ks (9km)". When I do the workout it became "City name - W6 Mon Tempo - Tempo 2ks (9km)".

When I finish the workout it appears as "Afternoon Run" on Strava.

If I open the fit file with https://www.fitfileviewer.com/ I can see it under "wkt name" (see attachment)

Screenshot 2024-01-22 alle 20.06.21.png

Neither Strava nor www.activityfix.com are able to see it.

Do you have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @marcotrumpet 

Thanks for posting about this.  Our current integration with Garmin does not support the Garmin activity title importing into Strava.  The recommended workout around is to edit the activity and change the title on Strava.

We do have an existing Feature suggestion for this over on our Ideas Board.

Check it out here

We would welcome our vote (kudos) and any additional comments you might have.  Feel free to add them to that post and thanks again.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tata55
Shkhara

My idea is about the same. In my Garmin Edge 530, I have prepared a couple of workouts (e.g. Caddence RAMP, Power UP, FTP test etc.) In STRAUTOMATOR, I have automated an Automation: Indoor Cycling and Activity name: Indoor Tacx. But I would also like to have it extended by the workout name (e.g. Indoor Tacx: FTP Test). Is it possible? If so, where and what shall I set in my PRO profile?

THX in advance

OliverKrr
Mt. Kenya

Actually, you can fix this with www.activityfix.com (kudos for the rules go to the Support of ActivityFix!).

You can define one rule to "Set title" to "[[fit_name]]".
This will only work for new activities and not for "Process Old Activities".

By default, the resulting title will also contain the location of the activity.
You can remove the location by adding a second rule to "Replace text" with "/:/^.+?\s-\s/:/" in "title" with "" (keep empty).
This rule can be triggered when the "Previous Rule" matches the first defined rule.

"/:/^.+?\s-\s/:/" is a regular expression (a regular expression can be defined by adding "/:/" to the beginning and end).
"^" matches the beginning of a text
".+?" matches any number of characters (the location) until
"\s-\s" matches the separator " - " between the location and workout name.

OliverKrr_0-1712082749281.png

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @marcotrumpet 

Thanks for posting about this.  Our current integration with Garmin does not support the Garmin activity title importing into Strava.  The recommended workout around is to edit the activity and change the title on Strava.

We do have an existing Feature suggestion for this over on our Ideas Board.

Check it out here

We would welcome our vote (kudos) and any additional comments you might have.  Feel free to add them to that post and thanks again.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team