cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year in sport

TheGreatGuy
Mt. Kenya

Hello, i have a problem with year in sport.

I cant share it for some reason it keeps loading when i click to what i want to share it.

Anyone else got this problem? And so how to fix it

7 REPLIES 7

TangBear
Mt. Kenya

Hi all,
I'm facing the exact same problem, with a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (if this one is lacking resources to share a few images... no other phone will be able to do it!). Don't know why but I couldn't share more than 4 pictures...
I submitted a support ticket and Charles basically gave the same answers as above.
I ended up sharing 4 by 4 images via Gmail, saved the pictures and then publish all of them in one publication on Strava... not very convenient, I agree, but it worked... Hope that helped!

plum117
Mt. Kenya

Same problem with a Samsung s20 FE Android 13

mitjat
Mt. Kenya

Same issues here. I can't share anything from Strava, not only the year in sport stats... Tried on 2 devices but the result is same.

-Charles-
Strava
Strava

Hello @TheGreatGuy,

Thank you for surfacing that you are having trouble sharing your Year in Sport using the Strava app. Our team has found that some athletes with devices that are on the older side of the spectrum may encounter trouble when generating images to share. To address this trouble we have some instructions to try:

1. Re-install the Strava app: Remove the app from your phone, turn off the device, then power the phone back on to re-install the Strava app.
  2. Force quit backgrounded apps: Ensuring that no other apps are running in the background should increase the amount of resources available to your phone to generate the images.
  3. Share individual cards: Use the share option in the upper right when viewing individual cards or slides from the presentation. Generating an individual image to share may be easier to complete than using the sharing option at the end of the presentation which generates multiple images.

While involving more steps that using the dedicated Share option, capturing screenshots of the cards/slides you would like to share and then cropping out any unwanted UI elements is another way to share your Year in Sport. Use the following links for information on how to capture a screenshot on an Android phone or an iPhone.

If your Year in Sport issues are not resolved by these troubleshooting steps, we invite you to submit a support ticket and someone from Strava Support will work with you directly to troubleshoot further.

---
Charles | Support Coordinator

Hi Charles. 

Thanks for the workarounds. I'll try and see if it works.

But I'd like to point that the information that this is occurring only in older devices is not accurate. I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S23 that I'm using for less than 2 weeks and I'm having the same issue, as I already pointed out. 

Regards. 

Lars_L
Mt. Kenya

Have same problem, tried logging out, restarting strava, but nothing helps

edudutra
Mt. Kenya

Same thing here. Frustrating.