cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Strava primarily focus on running and cycling?

Ridhisharma
Mt. Kenya

I love to stay active and enjoy a range of outdoor activities like golf, walking, running, and hiking. However, I've noticed that most of the fitness platforms are more focused on running when it comes to tracking my progress. For example, even though I've covered almost 300km of hiking, the platform only displays my 80km of runs. I'm wondering if there's a way to get a more accurate representation of my overall fitness activities on these platforms. Do you have any suggestions or insights on how to manage this?

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Ridhisharma 

Thanks for your post.  Strava supports many activity types in addition to running and cycling.  See a full list here

We support outdoor, GPS based recordings, and you can also record indoor activities

You mention getting a representation of your fitness on Strava, and it also sounds like you're recording your heart rate data.  I would recommend checking out Strava's relative effort feature which can help you use your HR data to analyze your efforts over time.  

The best way to view all activity types on your account is to use the Training Log.  This Subscriber feature lets you view all your training (including hikes, runs, etc.) in one place.  It helps you track your progress and highlights important stats.

I hope that's helpful.  Great to hear that you love to stay active and thanks for being part of the Strava Community.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ridhisharma
Mt. Kenya

Although I have explored all the features of the profile, I have come to see that there will be very little error in my run count, and other features like heartbeat and calories and energy I consume are always accurate, so I came to the conclusion that during hiking the fitness of the body goes higher as we are working on the antigravity, but the displacement sometimes are lower, so overall I love to have Strava as my only fitness app.