cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First post to say hello and a quick question...

Doubleglazing84
Shkhara

I've been using Strava for some time, but this is my first post to the Campfire Chat. I usually use my Coros watch and upload after training, however, in the near future I hope to do a multi month hiking trip. Depending on battery life I'll likely stick with using Strava to measure my hikes via the app on my phone. If my phones battery starts to die I'll likely use my Coros watch. My issue is that I won't be able to access the internet for days at a time. So I wonder, can the Strava app keep track of my hikes and upload them when i have wifi. If so how many can the app store?
I could foresee myself needing to store 7 days of hikes, potentially with each day comprising about 12 hours of hiking. 
Many thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Doubleglazing84 

Thanks for posting and we're excited to hear about your upcoming multi-month hiking trip!  Can you share any details about where you're going and how far you'll be traveling?  We would love to hear more details!  I'm not sure if you're aware of Strava's Trail Routes feature, but be sure to check it out if you're not.

To answer your question; the Strava Mobile App is not designed to save multiple activities on the device without uploading, and I wouldn't recommend trying to use it for that.  If you will be going multiple days without connecting to the internet, I would actually recommend checking in with Coros Support to find out if your Coros device can store multiple activities locally, and then upload when you're able to get online.

I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

anchskier
Denali

I am not familiar with the Coros watch, but if it is anything like any of the other watches like the Garmin ones, it would be the better option for recording your daily hikes.  If your route is going to bring you by places where you can have access to power to recharge, consider bringing a small backup battery pack to top off the watch on longer stretches.  Watch charging usually goes really fast, so doesn't take a lot and a single extra battery will get you a long ways.  Save the phone battery for emergency communication and taking photos.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Doubleglazing84 

Thanks for posting and we're excited to hear about your upcoming multi-month hiking trip!  Can you share any details about where you're going and how far you'll be traveling?  We would love to hear more details!  I'm not sure if you're aware of Strava's Trail Routes feature, but be sure to check it out if you're not.

To answer your question; the Strava Mobile App is not designed to save multiple activities on the device without uploading, and I wouldn't recommend trying to use it for that.  If you will be going multiple days without connecting to the internet, I would actually recommend checking in with Coros Support to find out if your Coros device can store multiple activities locally, and then upload when you're able to get online.

I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thank you Jane. I'm aiming to complete the Via Alpina Red hiking trail that crosses 8 countries from Monaco to Trieste. Obviously as a British person time is limited due to our limit of 3 months stay in Europe, so it's going to be a quicker hike than I might have preferred. Regarding the Coros app, I'll search for that, but I may have a solution for internet if I use an eSIM in my phone. 

Thanks again.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings