cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wisdom Wednesday - January 17th, 2024

Kimberly22
Strava
Strava

Welcome back to Wisdom Wednesday! Every other Wednesday we'll drop a question in the Community Hub. You then have 9 days (that's until the following Friday) to showcase your Strava knowledge and answer the question.

Question: What is Relative Effort on Strava and how can I get it on my activities?

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 6.11.10 PM.png 

Remember to submit your answer in the comments by January 26th. The winner will be randomly selected from the correct answers to win a free one-month Strava subscription! 🙌 

The lucky winner will be announced on January 31st.

Already a Strava Subscriber? You'll get a free month added to the end of your Subscription period.

Click here to subscribe to this series and ensure you don't miss any future posts:  Wisdom Wednesdays

Kimberly22 (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

4 REPLIES 4

Kimberly22
Strava
Strava

Thank you to those who participated and congratulations to @Shant the winner of this round of Wisdom Wednesday!

To find out more about using Relative Effort, check out the links below:

Relative Effort FAQ

Using Relative Effort to Analyze Your Efforts on Strava

Kimberly22 (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Wooo!🥳 thank you @Kimberly22!!

🎉🍻

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)

Shant
Mount Logan

What is Relative Effort? Relative Effort measures how much cardiovascular work went into any activity that has heart rate data or Perceived Exertion and is found on the activities page. 

How Can I Get It On my Activities? Relative Effort is only available for subscribers on activities that contain heart rate data or have a Perceived Exertion entered. If your activity does have heart rate, and you don't see it on Strava, check that you've allowed Strava to access health-related data.

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)

JBW-Florida
Elbrus

First, you must be a subscriber or have a free subscription. Also, you must record your heart rate with an appropriate device that feeds that data to your bike computer, watch, or phone app.

Relative Effort is an analysis of your heart rate data. By tracking your heart rate through your workout and its level relative to your maximum heart rate, Strava will attach a numeric value to show exactly how hard you worked. The more time you spend in the higher heart rate zones and the longer your activity, the higher the score. Verbage like "tough relative effort" or "historic relative effort" may also appear. The analysis appears on your activity page. This is one of the reasons Strava needs your date of birth... to calculate your max heart rate (although you can set your own max rate.) You can also see relative efforts for other people, if they make their heart data available to all.

JBW-Florida (he/him)
STRAVA | User Community

JBWFlorida_0-1705623321428.gif

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings