Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge with group goal AND leaderboard

Thorsten
Shkhara

Hi,

Subscription level: Subscriber

Goal: As a user, especially the one paying, I want to create a group challenge that offers a group goal and shows a leaderboard. 

Roadblocks & examples: As a user, I currently cannot create a challenge that meets these needs. It is possible to create a Group Goal challenge, but that one doesn't show a leaderboard. Similarly, Strava offers the Most Activity challenge which does show a leaderboard but where participants do not work on a group goal. 

Earlier conversations on this topic: I found one conversation called Group Challenges User Interface that is similar to the problem I pose above, but where the accepted answer is not satisfactory in my case. 

Thanks in advance for any help,

Thorsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Thorsten
Thanks for your post. You are correct, at this time this is not possible. For a Group Goal, you can choose between a time, distance, elevation gain, or elevation loss goal, and all activities will count towards the single goal. There is no leaderboard, but you can see how you’re contributing to the group effort.

You could create a club, and create a club event, but you cannot create a goal or challenge for clubs. 

Since what you are looking for is not currently available, this sounds like the perfect idea to share to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Thorsten
Thanks for your post. You are correct, at this time this is not possible. For a Group Goal, you can choose between a time, distance, elevation gain, or elevation loss goal, and all activities will count towards the single goal. There is no leaderboard, but you can see how you’re contributing to the group effort.

You could create a club, and create a club event, but you cannot create a goal or challenge for clubs. 

Since what you are looking for is not currently available, this sounds like the perfect idea to share to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team