cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation goals don't show up on the website

jeremyayers
Mt. Kenya

I created an elevation goal (cycling) on my iphone but I can't find that goal when I look on the website. Why do certain types of goals only appear on the phone app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @jeremyayers,

At this time, only ride, run, and swim goals for select time frames and metrics are supported on the Strava website. This means that any goal set for a different sport time, monthly goal, or elevation goal cannot be viewed on the Strava website.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello,
If there is a feature that you do not see, we welcome you to share suggestions to our Ideas Board so that others can  vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @jeremyayers,

At this time, only ride, run, and swim goals for select time frames and metrics are supported on the Strava website. This means that any goal set for a different sport time, monthly goal, or elevation goal cannot be viewed on the Strava website.

KBryant24

I set an elevation goal for the year. My runs register elevation gain and it shows up on my stats, but elevation is still “0” on my goal. Do you have any input? Thanks!

@Ryan_braddog - when you see your elevation goal in the app, it will say “yearly elevation goal”.  What does it say directly below that?  For my yearly cycling elevation goal, it says “all ride”.  

It said trail run. I switched it to run and it works now. Thanks!

@Bryant - Can you explain WHY you can't see your other goals in the web version of Strava?  This makes no sense at all.  How can a simple app have so much better functionality than a full-blown website?  It has been requested multiple times before and should be extremely simple to apply.  I can't come up with any logical reason why it would not be available on the website.  

Mostly likely they just don't have the programming resources and outsiders should never assume that something in an IT system is simple, especially not in an old and convoluted one like Strava.

That's a poor excuse. I pay for Strava. Parity between phone apps and website is the norm with any data driven company. I have seen instances where the phone app is lacking but never the website.