cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Suggestion: Route Categorization for Enhanced Organization

QP
Mt. Kenya

I have a suggestion that I believe could enhance the user experience on Strava by allowing us to categorize routes. The idea is to introduce a feature that enables users to group their routes into customizable categories, such as "Texas," "Mountain Trails," "City Scapes," or any other personalized category name. This feature would provide several benefits:

1. Enhanced Organization: Users could easily find and access specific routes based on their interests or locations, making it simpler to plan their activities.

2. Efficient Navigation: Categorizing routes would make navigation through personal collections more efficient, especially for users with a large number of saved routes.

3. Community Engagement: The ability to share categorized routes with friends or within a group could foster a sense of community and promote route exploration.

I believe that implementing this feature could further enrich the Strava experience and cater to users who have diverse preferences and interests. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this suggestion and how it might be incorporated into Strava's platform.

This is my first time posting an idea. Please consider this idea and thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @QP

Thanks for posting! We do have some similar ideas over on our ideas board; check them out here:
Saved route filters for mobile phone app
Create folders for organizing routes
Take a look and feel free to add any comments and click on the kudos icon to add your vote for the idea. This helps the idea become more visible.

If you have additional ideas, please post then to our Ideas Board so that others can vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @QP

Thanks for posting! We do have some similar ideas over on our ideas board; check them out here:
Saved route filters for mobile phone app
Create folders for organizing routes
Take a look and feel free to add any comments and click on the kudos icon to add your vote for the idea. This helps the idea become more visible.

If you have additional ideas, please post then to our Ideas Board so that others can vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

QP
Mt. Kenya

Follow-up: This would be for finding new routes and for organizing my routes under “Saved Routes”

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings