cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable "New Post" Notification

Matthieu-W
Mt. Kenya

Hi everyone, recently I started receiving notifications for any post that might appear on any of the clubs I'm member of. This is super annoying as I now get many redundant notifications daily. I don't remember having this in the past, it feels like it started a few weeks ago.

Is there any way to disable these kind of notifications?

MatthieuW_0-1683879169696.png

38 REPLIES 38

sonny
Shkhara

I have left clubs, because some of them are lonely and post many times. I don't want to go to each individual club and disable the notification. The fact that there is no global notification settings (global means for all clubs and all apps and website with one single checkbox), it only means dark patterns. Marketing team says yeah go implement it tonight without a grain of UX research. It adds up to user frustration. But you win for now, since your major competitor doesn't provide ride data as you do.

DBactivities
Mt. Kenya

1000000656.png

1000000655.png

1000000657.png

1000000651.png

1000000652.png

 this will disable, you'll need to do for every group

DBactivities
Mt. Kenya

Here's. How you remove the group notifications it took me a while to figure out and it's a bit of a processes. You go to each group so say zwift group, go to the Zwift feed page then goto the profile by clicking the icon

1000000651.png

1000000652.png

, there will be a gear in the top right of the screen then there will be an option to see when a post notifies you. See two pictures above! Hope this is helpful 

JVSocclax
Shkhara

Somehow, after getting better, this just got significantly worse. Look at the response to this post I was notified of. I’m not even in that club. These “remove me” comments go on for about 75 people. I doubt this is what Strava was striving for.  

IMG_2257.png

1000000656.png

1000000655.png

 click group icon to go to their profile page forgot to circle it.

1000000654.png

1000000651.png

1000000652.png

 five steps to disable 

I changed my setting to that months ago and it's made no difference 

Screenshot_20230730_122639_Strava.jpg

DN_VeganRunner
Mt. Kenya

I've started seeing posts from the group "Parkrun UK" in my notifications. I can't seem to turn it off.

SteveWayne
Shkhara

I just left the Chicago Area Runners Club (CARA) on Strava because Strava has chosen to push their posts into my Notifications before developing the Notification On/Off switch.  

Let me know when I can sign up for Strava groups again, Strava. 

Bibbity
Mt. Kenya

I’m getting New Post notifications from random Strava users related to challenges over three years old. I’ve searched settings but can’t find how to stop these very annoying posts. 
Strava administration - please provide a fix