cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January Run 200K & 300K Challenges?

TrailJunky
Shkhara

Just wondering why I can't find the January Run 200K & 300K Challenges? 

49 REPLIES 49

Agoodheart
Shkhara

April challenges are up, and still no change or acknowledgment from Strava. Time for another 1 star review on the App Store. 

Hadleyone4
Mt. Kenya

Can the 200km and 300km running challenges be reinstated please? Does anyone know why they have been removed? 

Wheredhego
Shkhara

So it seems Strava has left us a couple options

1- cancel membership

OR EVEN BETTER

2- AVOID ENTERING SPONSERED CHALLENGES  & EMAIL THOSE COMPANIES EXPLAINING WHY… WE MAY HAVE A LARGER IMPACT (maybe lost revenue and pressure from those sponsored challenges)

Challenges start at $20,000 (USD) and scale based on duration, targeting and promotion. The maximum investment is ~$200k. If a challenge is within your budget and you would like to pursue this opportunity, please get in touch and we will get back to you if we believe there is a fit.

TrailJunky
Shkhara

I see that we don't have 200km and 300km running challenges for March. As I am unhappy at the contempt that Strava has shown me by removing these challenges I have canceled my Strava subscription. And given them the following reason on why. Lets see if they care about paying customers leaving.

"I am unhappy at the contempt that Strava has shown me by removing the running challenges for 200km and 300km. The only option available to me seems to be cancelling my subscription."

We also miss the running challenges for 200 and 300 km! Please but it again in the selection list. And better mak also challenges for 150 and 250 km!

Thank you 

Considering that as well.

dangreen17
Pico de Orizaba

Someone else wrote this, and I can’t put it better myself:

“You have defined walks as a different activity than runs, so they should not be combined for a challenged under the title of one specific activity.  You had a whopping total of 6 (yes, six) people support the idea of adding walks to runs.  You have had multiple times that number of separate threads (not to mention support of each thread) requesting you go back to separate challenges.  Can you provide even a simple explanation as to why you are continuing this?”

For context with the 6 people that wanted runs and walks merged, there are 3,200 in a group on Strava asking for it to be reversed.  

it might be embarrassing for you, but the sooner you admit the mistake and correct it, the better 

Agoodheart
Shkhara

Why are the more difficult challenges being removed? Now there are no distance running challenges at all because now apparently walking counts as running. If there was an ask for easier challenges for people new to exercise then that’s great to add new easier challenges for them, but why would you remove the more challenging challenges? This app has a large number of serious distance runners - why are you suddenly ignoring this base? Seems like a bad business move TBH…

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings