cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Racewalk category for activities

Racewalk58
Mt. Kenya

Where can I ask if Strava can create a Racewalk category for activities? Race Walking has been an Olympic event since 1904 and while the numbers aren't huge, I think there might be enough of us to warrant a category. New York area has about 700 hard core Race Walkers that race but there are 34,000 that say they use Race Walking for fitness.  We often use "run" but then we look like slow runners if we post. And some of us use "walk" for a more casual walk. Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, please direct me.Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LouB
Strava Alumni

Apologies for the delayed response to your request for direction on this and thanks for sharing your thoughts on adding a new category for Racewalk.

This sounds like the perfect idea to share to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LouB
Strava Alumni

Apologies for the delayed response to your request for direction on this and thanks for sharing your thoughts on adding a new category for Racewalk.

This sounds like the perfect idea to share to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings