cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove "walks" from running challenges and expand challenges for walks

runprime
Shkhara

Walks have been added to running challenges as of January 2024 and as a person who does both run and walk acitvities as separate sports, this has ruined the experience of challenges in the app for me, and in general.

My walks are no counting towards running challenges which rightly used to be separate. They are separate sports.

I found an idea here from last year where somebody requested the opposite and now it has been implemented. From their point of view, they were lesser abled and some walks "felt" like runs to them, which i acknowledge - however, the solution there is ti simply record a running workout on your device, not a walk.

To improve the experience for walkers then more 5k, 10k and monthly mileage challenges can be set up to keep it interesting. 

Last year I really enjoyed tracking my walking challenge and sepaately doing the running challenges. 

Now there are fewer challenges in total which seems like the app is getting worse, not better.

Also importantly need to point out that runs are not included in the walking challenges.... I guess that's the real punchline to this joke.

109 REPLIES 109

I got something too but at the same time nothing 😄

First replay:
"Thanks for writing in and thanks for your feedback about walks being added to running challenges.  Our Product Team is monitoring the feedback being provided in the Community Hub.  We don't have any update to share at this time, but if one becomes available, we will be sure to update that thread.

We appreciate your interest in this topic and thanks again for taking the time to share your input."

Second replay:
"Sorry but this request and discussion is beyond our Support team. While our team reads and responds to support inquiries, we don't speak to the direction of the product or policy, nor reasoning for product or policy decisions. We do appreciate the feedback though, and I've passed your comments along to the rest of our team."

It's looks like an auto generated answer!

Product team continue to make ridiculous decisions and don't understand completely what is the audience of the service!

I have just emailed them too. 

The lack of a response is uuuuuuuuuunreal.  I have worked for some pretty rubbish companies in my time, places that treat customers like this just don't give a.....

As time has passed, It is less about the badges for me.  The really annoying thing is the walking distance being merged with the running distance.  Such a silly idea. 

There is nowhere to view calendar month running totals on the world's most popular running app 🙂

Hey Dan - completely agree with all this. Really fed-up about it… but you know you can still see your monthly running miles, right? On the iOS app, go to ‘you’, ‘monthly activities’, ‘see more of your March stats’, and there it is broken down into running and walking and compared to last month. Screenshot below…

IMG_1567.png

IMG_1568.png

Thanks for this

i can see it for Feb and current month now!  Would be great to see previous data   Just need 6 people to vote on it and I’m sure it will happen 🙂

fryeharp
Shkhara

Hey Strava!  Does running count for the walking challenge??  Seems about right.  If walking counts as running in the running challenge, why does running not count as walking in the walking challenge?  

This is a really good point, and another oversight.

sanchit3008
Shkhara

That's it I just cancelled my subscription because of this stupid rule, and because the mods don't have the courtesy to respond to us here. I'll just switch to Garmin Connect full time.

Garmin Connect has some good features AND they don't require a subscription fee. I've found their route making features to be more useful than Strava's were.

Strava why are you ignoring all of us who have told you that we’re canceling our subscriptions because of the changes to the running challenges? What else can we do to make you listen to us? You’re actively losing subscribers!