cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total distance, split speed, Average MPH while on ride

BrookfieldAV
Mt. Kenya

I am new to Strava and I came from using MapMyRide because the syncing with other apps stopped being supported. One of the things that strikes me as a huge feature miss on Strava is the inability to get progress updates/announcements while on your ride. At every mile, MapMyRide audibly told me my total distance, split speed and average miles per hour. Why isn't this available on Strava? I have to detach my phone from the mount and unlock the screen to check my progress and splits. Annoying and unsafe while riding

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hello and welcome to Strava and the Community! We do have audio announcements for runs, walks and live segment performance audio updates for rides, but the audio cues for rides aren't quite what you're looking for. You are welcome to submit an idea in our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on it. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Soren
Denali

Hello and welcome to Strava and the Community! We do have audio announcements for runs, walks and live segment performance audio updates for rides, but the audio cues for rides aren't quite what you're looking for. You are welcome to submit an idea in our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on it. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Ok. Thank you for the reply. This seems like a very basic feature. Strava does not meet my needs so I will be looking at other apps.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings