cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Feedback from a group admin ๐Ÿ™‚

nicolasroux
Shkhara

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for this great initiative to listen to feedback from your users ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I was taught in a previous company that "feedback is a gift" and I know its importance as a Product Manager myself ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Some various feedback from our group experience: 

We are a cycling "club" in Paris. There's nothing formal about this club, the original members met during covid lockdown rides in Montmartre and it grew from there. We revolve around a Strava private group and a WhatsApp group chat.

Even though we are a private group, we tend to accept most people trying to join.
That's why we have 170+ members on Strava for only 50 people in the WhatsApp group (the active members). I'd guess a lot of people have never joined a group ride.

As a group admin, I'd be curious to know, for each member, when did they join the club and how many club events they joined.

I think this metric "club event participation" could be a good incentive to have a more active community. Right now I can't tell which members are active in our community, and which ones are not. This could also push people to join club rides to be in the top 10 of most active members at the end of the year ๐Ÿ™‚ 
I also could remove members that have joined the group for more than a year without any event participation.

As a private club, most of our planned rides are community-only but sometimes it would be nice to be able to create a "social ride" open to everyone, to attract more members.
In general, there's a tension between offering events only for the community and trying to attract new members. At the moment, there's not much you can know about our club if you're not in it.
Why not be able to choose between "members-only" or "everyone" for our group posts and events?

I'm also surprised that we can't access previous club events. It could be useful to get the map from a specific ride a few months ago.

Have a good day,
Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @nicolasroux and @StevenHB!

Thank you for the great feedback and suggestions! You both have shared really great thoughts for our product team to look into.

I'm sure other clubs would love to see some of these ideas implemented also. I would suggest you share your ideas to our Ideas Board so that others can discuss, comment and vote on the idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the โ€œWhat makes a good ideaโ€ section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible. We have had a number of Community Hub ideas delivered since we started the Hub just over a year ago and this is a great way for you to get your ideas shared to our team and other Community Hub members. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @nicolasroux and @StevenHB!

Thank you for the great feedback and suggestions! You both have shared really great thoughts for our product team to look into.

I'm sure other clubs would love to see some of these ideas implemented also. I would suggest you share your ideas to our Ideas Board so that others can discuss, comment and vote on the idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the โ€œWhat makes a good ideaโ€ section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible. We have had a number of Community Hub ideas delivered since we started the Hub just over a year ago and this is a great way for you to get your ideas shared to our team and other Community Hub members. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

StevenHB
Shkhara

I think that this post identifies a feature that, if implemented, could drive additional Strava membership. I'll bet that many clubs have multiple mechanisms like described here. Cohasset Waverunners (https://www.strava.com/clubs/541333) has a small membership here on Strava but a much larger one in GroupMe, which we use similarly to the way the Montmartre Vรฉlo Club uses WhatsApp.

Could Strava either create functionality to allow club members to communicate to all other Strava club members or partner with an app like GroupMe, WhatsApp, or Viber to offer this same capability? 

Without coffee, chocolate, and beer, in that order, life as we know it would not be possible
Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings