cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Location in Strava Heatmap

David_KN
Mt. Kenya

Hello,

one of my favourite functions in strava is to navigate with the perfect maps in combination with heatmaps. So I have an idea if a trail is practicable or not. When I can also see my personal heatmap I can see if the trail brings me to my familar tracks.

For this procedure there is not a practical funktion in strava but to go to the "maps" funcion and go to segments or routes. Unfortunatly the map then is confusing due to the suggested routes or segments, which I do not need in my mentioned case. And the display is not shown fully in this feature.

Is there a solution or funcion I do not know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @David_KN 

Thanks for posting!  I'm sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.  Your personal heatmap is available when creating a route on either the Strava Web or Mobile App.  

You can also create a personal heatmap.  Please let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

David_KN
Mt. Kenya

Thank you for your answear but this is not tue scenario I was talking about.

It would be great if it is possible to see the strava map with the global heatmap plus the personal heatmap plus the actual location. Without any routes or segments.

With this view it would be a lot easier to have orientation in unknown areas.

I always use the featute maps but then I only see half of the display and I see a special route which I do not need

Screenshot_20230313-105400_Strava.jpg

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @David_KN 

Thanks for posting!  I'm sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.  Your personal heatmap is available when creating a route on either the Strava Web or Mobile App.  

You can also create a personal heatmap.  Please let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team