cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GillesGh
Mt. Kenya

We are wasting a lot of time editing the name of an activity !

I don't know about ios, but for the Android app, when editing an activity, deleting the default name takes pressing multiple times the delete case of the keyboard. In any android app, a "X" at the end of the field allows to delete fully the name, this is basic Android typing, but not in Strava.

Screenshot_20240319-142118.png

Can this be changed ? It must be a very quick improvement, that would help plenty of users to input the name for their activity much quicker.

Thanks !

3 Comments
Status changed to: New Idea
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello!

Thanks for your post.  In the Android App you can do a long press to select text, and then hit the "cut" button to delete it.  See below:

selecttext.png

I hope that helps.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

GillesGh
Mt. Kenya

Sure, thanks a lot, this is what I do, but this is super long, not convenient and most of the applications propose the X to suppress a title which is imposed as default. So, no, sorry, it does not help, for something you do on a daily basis when you use a lot Strava !

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

The idea title was edited so it will be easier for others to search and vote on. Thank you for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team