cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pehen
Shkhara

It should be able to select which activities will sync from 3rd party apps. For example if one is riding on Zwift, and still uses a Garmin device to record the activity for other than Strava reasons, after the ride, both Zwift and Garmin Connect are currently synching and one has to ALWAYS delete Garmin activity manually. I bet that not all want to sync all activities from connected apps. In this case i'd turn off Garmin Connect sync for Indoor Cycling.

Thank you

16 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @pehen 

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

The idea title was edited so it will be easier for others to search and vote on. Thank you for your contribution.

You might also want to check out this idea and add your comments.  That suggestion is about merging duplicate activity stream recordings into one, with the ability to pick which data is included in your final Strava activity.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

BerettaVexee
Shkhara

I have the same problem with my Polar watch and my Wahoo computer. Polar doesn't play nicely with others and I have to register activities on both devices for them to be taken into account correctly. So I regularly have to delete duplicate activities.

Another use case I have is training in the gym. If I record the activity with my watch or phone + chest HRM, and during the session I do a run on an indoor bike or a connected rower, I get several activities with different data.
It might be interesting to suggest merging or splitting the activities in order to display power and cadence on the rowing and cycling parts.

aching
Mt. Kenya

I recently switched from Fitbit to Garmin watch for tracking my cycling, but I also now track other workouts; HOWEVER, I only want to upload Cycling to Strava.  I cannot seem to locate any clean way to do so from either my Garmin or on Strava.  How can I select only outdoor cycling to load to Strava?  I compete with my brothers annually on mileage so that is all we care about seeing from one another.  

lizf
Mt. Kenya

Please add the ability to have strava ask you which activities from Garmin you want to upload (similar to apple watch where it says your activity is ready to upload then you can do it or not) 

OR have the ability to upload only runs & rides from Garmin!

No one cares to see all my lifting (and other) workouts on Strava

Pez
Mt. Kenya

Same here! There needs to be a way to select which activity types you want to be posted. In my case it's from my garmin, I don't want anything except runs and rides to be posted to strava. 

Please make this happen 🙂 

Silentvoyager
Kilimanjaro

Same here. I'd like to not upload walks from Garmin to Strava. My current solution is to not record walks at all. 

WanderingIdiot
Mt. Kenya

I would add that it’s just as useful to provide the ability to select the types of workouts you I wish to automatically sync. 

I have no desire to sync hikes, walks, or workouts to Strava, e.g.

chrisle
Mt. Kenya

just queueing up here

Kingsley
Mt. Kenya

It would be helpful if we had the option to exclude synced activities by type.

For example. I use Zwift for indoor cycling and it syncs with Strava but I also record those activities on my Garmin watch for upload to Garmin connect.

I'd like to be able to link Garmin connect to Strava but exclude 'indoor cycling' so I don't end up with duplicates.

Rox
Mt. Kenya

Same here but I just delete the unwanted activity when it appears in my Strava feed

Adaymack
Mt. Kenya

I can't believe this is is a thing. 

I don't want to sync any bike rides from my watch and edge 830 at the same time. 

Cat92
Mt. Kenya

I don't understand why it has to be all or nothing. I record quite a lot of activities on my Garmin watch that really don't need sharing on Strava. Whether it's a short walk to town or extra warm up/cool down etc. I'd prefer to be asked before posting each activity (more like the apple health sync options) to avoid me having to remember to go on and delete everything I don't want to share

anasapi
Mt. Kenya

Same w/ me. It would be helpful to select the activities you want to sync to Strava from Garmin. Don’t want to sync everything, as in now it syncs even the breathing exercices 😅

racerob
Mt. Kenya

Same here. I don't want walks or little strength lifting workouts to be synced to strava, just my runs and rides!

katieamarsh
Mt. Kenya

Agree, with my Garmin I'd like to only sync across walking/running - not my other gym activities.