cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisbolling
Shkhara

When I search for a person that I know or have just met on Strava, I do typically get good results, which I am assuming is based on people that you have in common as followers. One area where search could be improved is to de-prioritize results for people that are not active on Strava. One example of this is when I search for a person with a relatively common name, and I get results for many people that have logged 0 activities for the year for very few. Those people should not be as high in the search rankings as the people that use Strava and log activities regularly. Thank you! Chris

2 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

jtuck13
Shkhara

I'm a bit surprised to hear that you feel you get good results, I feel more critical of Strava's ability to give me relevant results for athlete searches. I think generally, the ability to search by more features (i.e. location and name) would be helpful but I don't always feel as though it does a good job ranking results, this is particularly noticeable with less unique names. Often times if I want to search for someone I just met, I don't even bother with the search feature. I find it easier to go to an athlete's followers that I think may be a mutual friend. I think if I could see how many mutual followers/following athletes we had in common that may also provide more clarity than the picture/location (without having to click on each profile).