cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmarnold78
Shkhara

Best efforts are now included in cycling which is great.  However these include everyones virtual rides which they should not.  For example  in no way should a fantasy downhill compare against a real downhill descent.   Virtual rides should be counted as a completely different sport.

16 Comments
HybridNoob
Shkhara

Absolutely agree and don't want to have delete a record every time I go down Alpe du Zwift!

Max223
Mt. Kenya

Agreed! I was just searching for a way to disable this after seeing all of my Alpe descents filling up my best efforts at 50mph

EricN
Mt. Kenya

I also agree and not just for virtual cycling, but also treadmill runs which are usually inaccurate. It should be an easy filter for Stava to implement. Please do so!

HybridNoob
Shkhara

Also I can't kudos/thumbs up this idea successfully! 🤷‍♂️

nipp
Shkhara

The best efforts feature for cycling is really nice, but Zwift sessions clog it up for me and make it useless.

I ride gravel outdoors and do zwift workouts (mostly ERG sessions). I am very interested in personal bests for my gravel rides, but Zwift sessions are by nature of the platform much faster, farther and higher. I am aware that I can remove efforts manually, but this is extremely tedious because every session I do produces several new best efforts.

Also, the launch page stated "Best Efforts is available to subscribers, and every category except power is based on GPS data from outdoor activities."

https://stories.strava.com/de/articles/just-launched-for-cyclists-all-new-best-efforts-categories

Clearly, that is not the case. I am fine with power efforts coming from virtual rides (I do not even have a powermeter on my gravel bike), but all the rest should really only come from outdoor rides.

BippeStankelbe
Mt. Kenya

Unable to kudo this, but agrees 

igoramadas
Pico de Orizaba

+1 for that!

nipp
Shkhara
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

The idea title was edited so it will be easier for others to search and vote on. Thank you for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

carlwh
Mt. Kenya

I think it's okay for indoor and virtual rides to count toward power best efforts, but for time/distance and elevation it doesn't make sense and should either be ignored or under its own category.

It seems like this was the intention based on the launch announcement here, where it says (emphasis mine):

Best Efforts is available to subscribers, and every category except power is based on GPS data from outdoor activities. A power meter is required to record power-based Best Efforts, which can be earned on both outdoor and indoor cycling activities.

Was there a mistake in the implementation of this? I see tons of Virtual Rides in my Best Efforts that are times and speeds that I'll never reach outdoors (like descending in Zwift). Manually removing them one by one is way too tedious.

carlwh
Mt. Kenya

I think it's okay for indoor and virtual rides to count toward power best efforts, but for time/distance and elevation it doesn't make sense and should either be ignored or under its own category.

Was there a mistake in the implementation of this? I see tons of Virtual Rides in my Best Efforts that are times and speeds that I'll never reach outdoors (like descending in Zwift). Manually removing them one by one is way too tedious.

cmarnold78
Shkhara

Yes, power is power so it can be argued that it can go included in best efforts, whereas everything else also requires a skill as well as fitness capacity (ie speed/distance etc ie you need actual real skills to descend fast, ride in a bunch or even ride in a straight flat road fast (aero etc...).  It is also useful when you are looking at other peoples stats to see where they went in the real world to hit a climb PR and others).   

Status changed to: Under Consideration
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello!   Thanks to everyone for their feedback and comments on cycling best efforts.  We're happy you're finding this feature useful, and we appreciate your passion for making it better.

Our Team plans to implement this change, and I will provide more updates in this thread as they become available.  Thanks again.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

cmarnold78
Shkhara

Amazing thanks!

nipp
Shkhara

Very quick reaction from you, much appreciated!