cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilStone
Shkhara

Can we please have "litter Picking" added as an activity.

There are several clubs who litter pick already on Strava, and I have just created "Stravas Rubbish" with the intention of getting more people involved in a healthy activity which benefits not only themselves, but the wider community as well.

We can then get the club to just show these activities, rather than have it continue as all sports so we can identify the time Strava athletes spend doing good, without all the noise of al other activities being included.

Wouldnt this be a marvelous positive message to be able to share? 

3 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea to add Litter Picking as a Sport Type. In some countries, this is also known as "plogging". Thanks for highlighting this initiative and suggesting it with the Community. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting. 

PhilStone
Shkhara

Hello Soren,

I am still keen for Strava to move on this. 

With some people pushing it on the app and relevant social media, we can be a positive force.

How is it best for me to get his accomplished? Is there someone there I can talk with?

Thank

Phil

optimisticprom
Pico de Orizaba

This feels pretty similar to the suggestion to create a volunteering activity type, though I still think it would be nice to implement this either with an activity type tag, or with a selectable map type. However it is implemented, I support it. I think it would be a great way to motivate people to volunteer and plog more, if they were able to get kudos for it.