cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matray
Shkhara

So, we've all done it - headed out on a run/ride and forgot to press start on our watch - only to hit start a mile or two in. Now, most of the time, we are creatures of habit, starting and stopping just outside our houses or from a favourite park gate or something. So I suggest that the Strava data science wizards could use some AI/ML wizardry to automatically spot when one of my uploads has a “failed” start, and offer to 'fix' it for me, perhaps by looking at my typical route and pace over those segments to come up with a guess for route & times etc - and then present that back to me to allow me to accept or maybe tweak a little. Maybe these guestimated extra bits of distance shouldn't automatically count to our totals or leaderboards or anything though!

3 Comments
RMSouthAfrica
Elbrus

In support of this idea. I know Apple Watch would pick up that you are doing an activity and ask you to start, but would have already counted from the beginning even if you didn's start the activity App.

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @matray,
​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.
Thank you so much for your contribution.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

imhassane
Mt. Kenya

This would be so cool, I just ran a 5K and only realized at the end that I didn’t hit the start button, I’m so pissed off right now