cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashuttleworth
Shkhara

I want to be able to generate new routes in an area that I haven’t run already. This helps me explore new areas. 

It would be great to have the option to exclude routes that I have already run from personalised routes.

2 Comments
Status changed to: Existing
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ashuttleworth 

Thanks so much for posting about this.  Check out our Suggested Routes feature.  This feature lets you automatically generate personalized routes from the location of your choosing. Route recommendations are based on public Strava activities and open-source data from OpenStreetMap. We create them by selecting popular waypoints nearby that match your search criteria, and then we generate a looped course around those waypoints using alignment data to optimize the route.  Full details here

We also have an existing feature suggestion you may be interested in.  This feature would allow you to organize routes in folders that make the most sense for you.  So in your case, you could create one for "already run"

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

ashuttleworth
Shkhara

Thanks. I’m aware of that feature, but if it’s an area that you’ve already run. In before is it not likely to recommend in before (given that you are likely to do the more popular routes first)?

As context I often plan routes in more urban settings and it would be nice to explore some of the backroads that are runnable, but not necessarily the most popular. 

Anyway, thanks for keeping the request in mind 😊