cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisbolling
Shkhara

When I search for a person that I know or have just met on Strava, I do typically get good results, which I am assuming is based on people that you have in common as followers. One area where search could be improved is to de-prioritize results for people that are not active on Strava. One example of this is when I search for a person with a relatively common name, and I get results for many people that have logged 0 activities for the year for very few. Those people should not be as high in the search rankings as the people that use Strava and log activities regularly. Thank you! Chris

5 Comments
jtuck13
Shkhara

I'm a bit surprised to hear that you feel you get good results, I feel more critical of Strava's ability to give me relevant results for athlete searches. I think generally, the ability to search by more features (i.e. location and name) would be helpful but I don't always feel as though it does a good job ranking results, this is particularly noticeable with less unique names. Often times if I want to search for someone I just met, I don't even bother with the search feature. I find it easier to go to an athlete's followers that I think may be a mutual friend. I think if I could see how many mutual followers/following athletes we had in common that may also provide more clarity than the picture/location (without having to click on each profile). 

RMSouthAfrica
Superuser
Superuser

Can you consider loading the people we already follow when using the search function rather than suggesting people to follow. Sometimes you want to search your colleagues and see their activity and perhaps we can use AI to automatically load the people we search regularly and the system can already make recommendations based on your regular searched names

Status changed to: Open To Voting
Jane
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

The idea title was edited so it will be easier for others to search and vote on. Thank you for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

tcyclingacademy
Mt. Kenya

I have found it very challenging when I want to see a select group of my closest closest friends. 

i understand the “Favourites” which affects my feed. I like the 50 or so that I currently have selected. But I have to scroll sometimes to find the specific one I heard just finished a great ride two days ago, but I missed seeing it. 

That said, I still got to enjoy scrolling my list. 

What is missing, is a short list I can manage and see when I select the “search option”. I always have to type in the name of the select few I want to jump to quickly and see what’s going on, or message them quickly. Instead I’m always forced to start typing their name, and in some cases it is prompting me with “suggestions” until I get closer to the person’s actual Strava name. 

Can you kindly add a Favourites option in the row of, “Suggested, Facebook, Contacts, and QT Code”. None of those help me the many times I have had to “search” for someone. 

I just thought I would leave it alone figuring it would be an obvious addition in one of the last years updates. But having to search for five different friends just today, I’m now posting here and hoping it doesn’t take 2 or 3 years to get added. Simply a filter of those that we follow. 

Thank you
Adam Kulchyski 

zecanard
Superuser
Superuser

In a recent version, Strava started showing your friends as soon as you tap into the Search textfield (although I’m not sure how these are prioritized). Also, in the current beta, your 3 most Recent Searches are now listed just above your friends, with the option to view a full list of all your recent searches.

These were much-needed improvements, although we still need something like a list of Close Friends.