cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dscottpardy
Mt. Kenya

I use Strava Effort Comparison to improve my times and real-world ability over my favorite segments, and especially over very long segments (30 minute plus). I enjoy comparing against my own efforts on a particular segment, as well as my friends and rivals.

Time Difference is currently the only metric available in Effort Comparison, and while it is very important to my analysis, I would also like to be able to compare my power and heart rate of efforts on the same graph to understand learn and understand why particular efforts might be faster, as well as how I can change my strategy to where and how much effort I apply over a 

3 Comments
lopey66
Elbrus

@dscottpardy this is an example of my power map on a segment, with my api tool I can specify change my FTP and also aggregate data(1,2,5,10,60 points(secs) etc), below are 4 images, with the second image down to every recording, I can restrict the data to a segment and also choose the lap of the segment(3)  and final image of Heartrate

lopey66_1-1692659965912.png

lopey66_2-1692660331599.png

lopey66_3-1692660639679.pnglopey66_4-1692660686136.png

Soren
Denali

Hi @dscottpardy when you filter by "My Results" in the segment effort comparison tool, you can see your power and heart rate data for all of your efforts (if recorded). I understand that with a longer segment, there are more subtleties and fluctuations that are lost this way. Just to be clear that I understand what you're suggesting, can you confirm that you're proposing that we enable power + heart rate data to be plotted in the same comparison graph on the website? The "Analyze Effort" feature in the mobile app does this by allowing you to select a specific point in the segment and swap between your current effort and your PR, have you tried that out? You can read more about that here.
IMG_5B28E8FEA4F9-1.jpeg

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @dscottpardy 

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team