cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erlendur
Shkhara

I want to suggest that there should be a method to track battery replacements for bikes, for example as a special component for Gear, and provide alerts when the batteries are nearing their previous replacement in either time or distance.

Yes, one of my shifters ran out of battery on my ride today. And even if I were to try and fake it by using the shifter component as a proxy for the battery for the shifter then there is only a single "Shift Levers" component instead of separate left and right ones.

On many modern bikes there is a need, I submit, to track left and right shifter batteries for both SRAM and latest Shimano, and front and rear derailleurs (SRAM) or front+rear derailleurs (latest Shimano), or general battery status (older Shimano).

2 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

sargento
Mt. Kenya

Would you like to add new component in My Gear settings?
It would be great to check battery stats for front & rear derailieurs, front and rear shifters, HRM, CAD, speed sensors, power meters, radars, etc. To see how many kilometers and how much time battery lasted form last charge / last time was replaced.