cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BennyCreepster
Shkhara

Dear Starva Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation for your app, Starva. It's undoubtedly a fantastic tool for tracking my runs and staying motivated. However, I recently discovered a feature in another app, "Running by Adidas," that I believe would greatly enhance the user experience in Starva.

The feature I'm referring to is a stop clock that provides users with the time needed to put away their phones and prepare for their run. This small addition makes a big difference in the overall usability and convenience of the app. It allows users to transition seamlessly from preparation to action without any unnecessary distractions.

If Starva could implement a similar feature, it would undoubtedly elevate the app to new heights and further solidify its position as a leader in the running community. I believe this addition would be greatly appreciated by your user base and would contribute to an even more positive user experience.

Thank you for considering my feedback. I look forward to seeing how Starva continues to evolve and improve in the future.

Best regards,

3 Comments
Status changed to: New Idea
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @BennyCreepster 

Thanks so much for your post.  I just want to be sure I'm understanding your idea correctly.

Does the stop clock feature you envision allow you to set a count down time on the App so that it begins recording the activity when the timer has completed?   Any clarification you can provide would be helpful.  Thank you.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

BennyCreepster
Shkhara

Hi Jane!  Thank you for taking the time to reply! 😊 

To clarify the stop clock feature, it's initially set to 15 seconds by default, which I find to be quite ideal. This brief period allows users to comfortably complete tasks like putting away their phone and keys, stepping out of the house, adjusting their headphones, and mentally preparing for the run.

Additionally, there's a convenient button available that adds an extra 10 seconds if needed.  Currently, when initiating a run on the Strava app, tracking begins immediately, leaving little time to prepare without jumping straight into the run. This can be quite stressful, especially for those who like to start their runs in a relaxed manner. 

With the stop clock feature, the experience becomes much smoother and more comfortable. Users can enjoy a relaxed transition into their run, which can be particularly beneficial for those who are serious about their running performance.

I hope this provides a clearer understanding of how the feature works. If you have any further questions or need more information, feel free to ask! 😊

1000005956.jpg

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

The idea title was edited so it will be easier for others to search and vote on. Thank you for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team