cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoppyRex
Shkhara

I am a Strava subscriber and ride an eMTB and I cannot be a Local Legend. My mate who is not a subscriber, we ride together regularly, has plenty of Local Legends. I ride off road far more that him, but as a subscriber I do not count as a Local Legend because I ride an eMTB.

Why are there no Electric Mountain Bike Ride segment Local Legends?

Also, the PC segment search is all but useless it matches any words in the search criteria

Type in

Escalator, Eleebana, New South Wales, Australia

and results from all over the world, 300+ come up

there is only one Escalator, Eleebana, New South Wales, Australia in the world, but I cannot find it in segment search.

And how do I find an eMTB segment?

38 Comments
JoeA
Mt. Kenya

If e-bikes and bikes shared the same local legends, e-bikes would start to dominate them with less effort. I could just pedal assist laps over and over, right? I'm not the type to care too much, but part of what makes local legends fun is to see those who get after it the most. Separate ones would be fine though.

Cjaksfowler
Shkhara

Joe, I totally agree.

eMTB would be separate, we already have our own segments, so implementing local legends for those segments or activities should be easy and wouldn’t effect regular MTB segments.

thanks for taking the time to comment, Hopefully we can get Strava’s attention!

Cjaksfowler
Shkhara

It's approaching 2 years since this request was originally made - I can't understand why local legends cant be added to all sports for their respective segments when a sport is added. 

Perhaps Strava should outline the requirements for an idea to get implemented,

ie 200 likes, 5 years since original request, etc. 

Staylanky
Mt. Kenya

Can we get local legend status for EMTB and E-bikes? We already have our own segments, we do not interfere with the Amish style bikes in anyway. It would be nice to see who around you is really getting after it and maybe expand the community.

It's been 4 years i think we deserve to be treated like the regular bikes....

Cjaksfowler
Shkhara

Thanks for sharing the same idea I have.  I have asked multiple times for this, but they are reluctant to add this feature.  I hope this thread gains more traction then mine did. 

MiniT
Mt. Kenya

Yes please local legends for eMTB, why not if not? JoeA it’s about people’s efforts not speed.

Strava is totally discriminatory, how many people do you think are sad enough to go and ride a segment several times because they can get local legend quicker? I ride an EMTB because I have a hip disability and have had all my life, I’ve had it replaced and had a lot of surgery meaning it’s almost impossible to build enough muscle for me to ever ride a normal bike again. I really wish I was fortunate enough to not have that struggle.

Such blatant discrimination I won’t be renewing my subs when next due.

Staylanky
Mt. Kenya

I just don't get why we can't have this feature, we aren't interfering with anyone but Ebikes. I could see why people wouldn't want it if we were taking from other activities but we aren't. 

The app is all about showing your KOMs and achievements to others, well how fan I do that when we barley have segments and features.

simongeebennett
Mt. Kenya

Hey Strava people, 

Can you make it so that Ebikers can compete for local legend status on ebike segments please. It is way long overdue. Plus only having one option to tell what sort of ride it is is not cool either. Liek i do commute but i also ride my bike for exercise when i am not working. So that update would be cool too.