cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_C
Shkhara

I would love to see some holistic speed metrics captured, namely a 2 new PRs for max speed and a graph that tracks your average speed against all rides. 

For the max speed PRs I’d like to see one for max speed on a decent where the app quantifies this by seeing the terrain at a certain negative degree %

For the second PR I’d like to see it captured as a sprint where the app records based on duration and a gradient that is far or only slightly declined / inclined. 

both of these PRs would allow you to see how you’ve either grown in confidence on descents or improved your sprint performance. 

The average speed chart should should show over a period your average speed taken from each ride as opposed to just matched rides. Whilst the terrain and conditions can vary which would impact average speed I feel it would be useful to see a trend over time.

3 Comments
Status changed to: Open To Voting
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Please note the following: 

• We receive a large number of ideas, and even some very popular ideas will not make it to the implementation stage
  • Popular ideas (ideas that get lots of votes) will be regularly surfaced to our Product Teams for review
  • The number of votes an idea gets is only one factor that’s considered when we plan our roadmap
  • When we receive updates from our Product Teams on the status of an idea, we will share as much information as we can
  • We strive to be transparent as possible, but please remember that we may not explain or justify why we might prioritize the development of some features over others

For more information, please review our Guide to Ideas.

Note: The idea title was edited so it will be easier for others to search and vote on. 

Thank you again.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

anchskier
Denali

The big problem I see with anything related to a max speed is that you would have to find a way to overcome anomalies in the data.  It isn't uncommon to have a ride where it shows a speed way above anything I could ever achieve due to a bad signal/data point.  You would be stuck with some anomaly as your PR for top speed rather than something realistic.  I've had MTB rides where it said I went over 100mph as my max speed, yet I clearly never came close to that anywhere on the ride.

Jan_Mantau
Sajama

Maybe the data anomaly problem can be smoothed by using not the peak gps speed but some highest average over 10 seconds or so. But I don't see max speed on decents as an achievement anyway. All max speeds I know of are reached without pedaling so what's the point of it?