Would be nice to add categorized climbs to the app and have a way to track which ones you have already done.
The user profile should list all successful climbs, include stats about the climb and the respective run / hike / ride.
Ideally users should be able to compare their individual attempts of the climb, similar to the matched rides features.
There should be a climb search that includes location, total ascent height, average and maximum inclination, etc.
Each climb should feature leaderboards similar to segments.
When using navigation the mode could change during a climb, showing more details about whats ahead - for example inclination profile, distance / height remaining to the top, data from other athletes attempts. Think live segments for climbs.
Why is that useful?
* athletes can easily search for challenges from within the app without consulting 3rd party websites
* motivates athletes to explore new areas in their surroundings
* collecting achievements is probably one of the biggest motivators for strava users
* comparing different individual attempts of the climb give the athletes a great resource to track training progression
* competition is fun, who can do the most climbs, who is the fastest