cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halfwoods
Shkhara

I want to create group challenges on Strava that track CO2 emissions for any type of ride, not only when commuting. I feel like this should be relatively simple to implement as its obviously already available as a calculation in the backend.

6 Comments
LorenzoM
Shkhara

I agree. It would be very nice and interesting 

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @halfwoods 

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

halfwoods
Shkhara

Thank you @Jane. Does voting occur via kudos'ing the idea?

optimisticprom
Pico de Orizaba

@halfwoods - Yes, voting occurs via kudos. Then consideration is based partially on kudos and popularity as lined out here.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.57.26 PM.png

ColinNVN
Mt. Kenya

Love this! Would be great to see this feature update 🙂 I'd love the ability to post a challenge that sets Carbon Saved as the goal, so participants can see who can save the most CO2 over the challenge. This would allow biking and walking to both contribute to the same challenge. 

Snownic1
Mt. Kenya

Emissions saved would be neat as a group challenge but could even be as simple as a toggle on your profile (rather than being restricted to commuting). E.g. going for a bike ride with a friend rather than driving my car to tennis, I’d love to track my CO2 emissions.