cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shivk
Shkhara

In its current state, the height/elevation graph does not effectively visualize my activities. I think it'd be better if it calculated the axis range based on values, similar to speed and heart rate.

RXXsk53.png

6 Comments
Status changed to: New Idea
Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @shivk,

Thanks for submitting your idea. Before I proceed with any steps, I want to make sure I clearly understand what you're requesting. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you would like to see a color polyline such as Speed & Heart Rate has opposed to the gray line graph currently used to display elevation. Is this assumption correct?

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @shivk 

We have slightly modified the wording of the title of this idea to make it clearer to understand and to make it easier for others to search and vote for. 

Thanks again for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)

shivk
Shkhara

I think that's a good idea too, and I think that's already done in the mobile app? My point was, the elevation graph's axis range is 0-800 feet for all activities, and because of the hard min-max, there's too much wasted space, that it's difficult to visualize activities. In the above picture, my activity's elevation ranged 60-80 feet. If that graph's axis was 60-80 feet (based on values), instead of being set at 0-800, it'd be easier to analyze. 

dchass
Shkhara

I too would like to see the vertical axis for elevation adjusted so that the change in elevation is much more pronounced in the graph.

dchass
Shkhara

...... in other words, the graph as it exists at at present is so flat that it does not accurately or obviously represent the various high and low points during an activity.

The Speed and Heart rate graphs do accurately represent highs vs lows.

The vertical line shown needs to cross reference to a cursor on the corresponding map.

When "Save Route" is used by hovering the cursor over an Activity, an excellent elevation graph and corresponding map results, but this (apparently) is for a different purpose, because "Save Route" results in a slightly different Route compared to that shown in the Activity. (It seems to save to an earlier saved route which I still do not fully fathom)?