cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamVD
Pico de Orizaba

With the mobile app, is it possible to have my phone play a short celebration tune when I've just ridden a segment and got the KOM? It might be a catchy way for Strava to have more presence from a marketing perspective as these tunes will become synonymous with success in time. There could be a different tune for maybe 1st, 2nd and 3rd place? (and maybe the phone could say "way to go, you just got _ th on segment _______")

2 Comments
LandonE
Pico de Orizaba

You want this tune to play will using live segments for example? If so this would only work for people who mount their phones to their handlebars to use as a bike computer. Most riders either have a head unit or no bike computer, so this would not be used by that many users. Also Strava has no other sound effects anywhere in the app, so i think it would remove a bit of cohesiveness and minimalism by adding sound just to this one feature.

Status changed to: Archived
Soren
Denali

Hi, and thanks for this suggestion. Unfortunately, this isn't something that we can implement and we will be archiving this idea.

This could be very misleading since all devices use different algorithms for determining when an athlete starts and finishes a segment than Strava uses for its leaderboard matches, which can affect the elapsed time reported for the segment. To ensure consistency between users, the times shown during an activity are preliminary, and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final. Therefore, the sound could not be played while the activity is ongoing.