cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dell1977
Shkhara

i always want to see how my average speed has moved during a long ride - the current speed data becomes meaninglessly haphazard on a ride of any significant distance

3 Comments
Status changed to: New Idea
Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Dell1977,

We appreciate your participation in the Community. It’s not entirely clear from your post what you’re suggesting here. Do you mind elaborating and including more details on the topic? We kindly ask that you review our Ideas guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Dell1977
Shkhara

The current speed graphs provided with a given ride are not helpful. For a ride of any length, the speed jumps all over the place and it is not possible to discern meaningful trends. Far more helpful would be a curve which illustrates how the "average speed" of a ride develops during the activity. This curve would be "accumulating average speed" - this would, for example, slowly curve downwards on a long ride if fatigue kicked in; or would curve upwards if the return leg of a ride was with a tailwind. This would be a far more useful summary of a ride than the jagged speed curve currently displayed which cannot be used to show any trends.

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Dell1977,

Thank you for clarifying your idea about how you would like to view speed within Strava.
I've reviewed your idea and now opened to voting.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team