cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slschoming
Mt. Kenya

I often want to know trail conditions, and a good way to check is to see if any of my friends have ridden since the last rain. However, I am not friends with everyone. It would be nice to be able to use custom dates in the heatmap. I would like to be able to enter the date of the last rain in the area, zoom in on the map, and see if it has been ridden since, and if so, how many times.

Obviously, just because someone HAS been there doesn't mean they should have, but this would provide some valuable information to determine if it's worth driving 15 miles to check out some singletrack, etc.

1 Comment
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea to enable custom dates in the heatmap to monitor trail conditions. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

I'd like to point out a few ways in which you can currently gain some insight into conditions:

- You can search for segments in the area and filter the leaderboards by "today" or "this year", and click into people's activities to see if they added further details.

- Earlier this year we released an update to display 10 of the most recent activities from the community that were completed on select routes, allowing you to click into them and read activity descriptions for better planning - read more here.

- We rolled out photos on routes, for mobile and for the web route builder to enable community reporting. The photos can provide a lot of intel.

I hope this helps!