cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex1
Shkhara

Many GPS trackers produce bad/jagged GPS data (Fitbit Charge 5 in my case). This results in overestimated distance. It would be nice if you could set the smoothing of the GPS data yourself, ideally either selecting a smoothing factor or setting a known distance so smoothing is adapted accordingly.

5 Comments
zecanard
Kilimanjaro

This is one feature I miss from Runkeeper: it had the ability to automatically recalculate and smooth the GPS track for your entire activity, then let you decide whether to keep the corrected track. If not, you could go in and edit GPS points individually, deleting outliers if you had a completely false reading.

For example, Strava gives me completely unrealistic Estimated Best Efforts because of this one run recorded years ago, which went through an underpass:

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 16.55.20.png

I wish I could run a kilometer in 2 minutes like Strava says; I just don’t want to delete the activity.

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

lindsaydiane
Mt. Kenya

I'd like a way automate removing anomalies in activities.  In my latest hike, the GPS data got mixed up and Strava has decided that I was hiking at 1mi/minute.  This should be easy to detect as an impossibility and I should be given the option to remove sections from the middle of my activity, rather than requiring me to split them to crop it out.

zecanard
Kilimanjaro

Similar to this Idea.

Uditg
Mt. Kenya

+1