cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Strava athletes, let's get to know each other! (July)

Soren
Denali

The Strava Community Hub is a collaborative space where we can all come together as athletes to share what motivates us to strive towards our goals. First, let's take a step to get to know each other better and what brought you here. Here are a few icebreaker options to get you started!

• What's your name?
  • Where are you from?
  • What's your favorite activity? What about recovery and nutrition?

Don't be shy, respond to other athlete introduction posts if you see something that catches your eye - maybe you'll make a new running or riding friend as a result!

And lastly, keep in mind that this community is here to support you whether it be understanding Strava's features and functionality or looking for motivation to train for your next big goal. Whatever it may be, this is the place to ask questions, find answers, and build new connections!

Image of a group of cyclists taking a photo of themselves.Image of a group of cyclists taking a photo of themselves.

30 REPLIES 30

benry
Mt. Kenya

Scott, Vancouver 🇨🇦, Running (especially in the mountains 🏔)

Nothing changes if nothing changes — Rich Roll

Hi Scott - great to have you here.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

MattS_bsb
Elbrus

Another Matt here - living in Virginia Beach, Virginia for the last 20+ years and enjoying every minute of it.  I try to stay as active as possible while still attending to my daily "adulting" duties.  Started out rowing about 15 years ago, ony because running seemed like a dreadful sport, and now training for a 50k trail race on my birthday later this year.  Strange how things work out.

Bought my first Garmin in the summer of 2016, and training for my first half marathon in 2017 (delayed until the following year); a fellow gym rat turned me onto STRAVA and convinced me to join a local run club in early 2018.  I loved the culture so much that I eventually started my own club through STRAVA in 2019 and began organizing group runs to help friends and fellow runners train for races and achieve their goals. It's been an absolutely rewarding adventure.

STRAVA is really the only "social media" I use, as it combines a sense of community and hard data the way few other sites/applications do.  There's no TikTok filter for negative splits on a run!

Looking forward to contributing in this community.

@MattS_bsb wrote:

STRAVA is really the only "social media" I use, as it combines a sense of community and hard data the way few other sites/applications do.  There's no TikTok filter for negative splits on a run!

This phrase needs to be on a T-shirt! Thanks for sharing, Matt, and welcome to the Community!

Welcome Matt!  Thanks for joining us and we're looking forward to your contributions.  Good luck training for that 50k and be sure to let us know how it goes.  

Jane (she/her)

EHill
Shkhara

Erik from the Netherlands (southern part) here!
Gravel, Tarmac, Forrest, wherever a bike can go, I go.
Nutrition: Dutch Stroopwafels for the sugar, and water. Great homemade drink is 1/3 fruit juice + 2/3 water + a little salt. Perfect for hydration and much cheaper than the commercial energy drinks.
Who needs recovery ??? 😉
Cheers!

Hey Erik! I imagine you have some beautiful bike routes in the Netherlands. Thanks for being here, we are so excited you've decided to join our community hub!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi Erik,

We are also Stroopwafel fans - they usually feature in our post-ride refreshments. (And we're not from the Netherlands)

Happy riding

My wife has just made a cup of tea, so it's time to crack open the stroopwafels - you're a bad influence, Erik 😉

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings