cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet Strava Employees training for the New York City Marathon; Nov 5, 2023

Jane
Moderator Moderator

nycTradeCenter.jpeg

Is anyone else excited about the NYC Marathon coming up on Nov 5?  I know I am.

More than 50,000 runners will descend on the starting line in Staten Island and pass through all 5 boroughs before finishing the race in Manhattan's Central Park.

I caught up with 7 of my Strava colleagues who are running in tis year's race.  Kurt, Sarah, Grace, Brandon, Katie, Tom and Rosana all agreed to answer a few questions I had.  Here's what they had to say:

Jane_0-1696441602869.png

Jane_1-1696441748418.png

Lots of excitement about Manhattan but  also shout outs to Staten Island and Brooklyn.  I'm sure the "What's a borough" people will figure that out on race day.

Jane_2-1696442377090.png

That cucumber mint must be terrible. My personal choice would definitely be banana.

Jane_3-1696442790032.png

57% chose "I can do hard things".  I think that's a testament to the fact that marathon training is hard.  Glad to see I'm not the only one concerned about zombies.

Jane_4-1696443076060.png

Almost half chose Suggested Routes and Goal Setting was also popular.  These are both great features whether or not you're training for a marathon.  Check them out more at the links below:

Suggested Routes

Goal Setting

The next two questions are a little more personal, and I'm going to ask my coworkers to answer in their own words:

Q1.png

Q2_Fixed.png

Q3.png

Q4.png

To Kurt, Sarah, Grace, Brandon, Katie, Tom and Rosana -  Thank you for sharing and good Luck! Everyone here at Strava is cheering for you.

Are you training for the NYC marathon or any other event?  Everyone at Strava will be cheering for you too.  We would love to hear from you - drop us a reply below and let us know about your upcoming race or event.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

1 REPLY 1

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

This article almost makes me want to run it!  Sadly, my wife forbids me from running any more marathons - based on the train wreck I was after the last one. 🙂

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings