cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Upcoming Forum Upgrade – New Experience Launching Soon!

Here’s what you need to know about the changes, including upcoming read-only time: Find out more

My gripes with Strava Maps

hereandthere
Mt. Kenya

Let me start by saying thank you for Strava Maps and all features which comes with it. I want to list down a few issues I always face with this feature:

1. When I try to access "my saved routes" on my phone, it is a multi-step process i.e. go to my profile (you)  -> Then on my icon (on top right) -> Click on "Routes" -> Click on the route I saved. When I am on a new trail (very often there's weak cell phone connection) and to load these four different pages is extremely frustrating. -- Surely there can be an easier way to access this feature.

2. Please please save the preference in Map Settings i.e. whether or not I want to see gloabal heatmap / My Heatmap / Point of Interest.

3. When Map is accessed via phone app, it shows random routes suggestion by default, again please save preference, so I don't have to do this multi-step process or opening a map then selecting maps only - every time.  - All the above 3 points are especially frustrating when you are in a new trail with weak cell phone connection.

4. Lastly, a new one :), when creating a new route in your laptop map shows global heatmap for only one activity at a time i.e. you can see heatmap for either Running / Trail Running / Hiking etc. Can we get an option to combine all Foot Activity together please, makes no sense to keep them separate.

Again, very much appreciate the constant improvement, thank you!

0 REPLIES 0
Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings