cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wisdom Wednesday - January 31st 2024

Kimberly22
Strava
Strava

Welcome back to Wisdom Wednesday! Every other Wednesday we'll drop a question in the Community Hub. You then have 9 days (that's until the following Friday) to showcase your Strava knowledge and answer the question.

Question: How do I add gear to my profile?

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 4.54.32 PM.png

Remember to submit your answer in the comments by February 9th. The winner will be randomly selected from the correct answers to win a free one-month Strava subscription! 🙌 

The lucky winner will be announced on February 14th.

Already a Strava Subscriber? You'll get a free month added to the end of your Subscription period.

Click here to subscribe to this series and ensure you don't miss any future posts:  Wisdom Wednesdays

Kimberly22 (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

5 REPLIES 5

Kimberly22
Strava
Strava

Thank you to those who participated and congratulations to @StefanGheata the winner of this round of Wisdom Wednesday!

Kimberly22 (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

JBW-Florida
Pico de Orizaba

@Kimberly22  --- Hey, who's the winner of this contest?  I can't find it in the above posts.

JBW-Florida (he/him)
STRAVA | User Community

JBWFlorida_0-1705623321428.gif

Nitishyadav
Shkhara

First of all what is Gear, Anything which aids your activity and you would like to track how much distance have you covered with it.

Steps:

1) Open strava app , Click on you section on bottom right and then select profile icon on top, right beside search icon.

IMG_20240202_155702.jpg

2) Inside profile you would see lot of options one among them is gear, Click on it.

Once inside, on top right you can see + icon click on that.

IMG_20240202_164849.jpg

3) Once you click on plus you get a form to fill , You can select either shoes or cycle and fill the model details. Once done click on save and you are done.

Screenshot_2024-02-02-16-49-21-00_3bb53944894d9646ec5754b62cc2584b.jpg

Extra tip: One of the good add on feature is it can also notify you once you have completed certain distance with that gear. For that you can fill the last box and click on check box.

StefanGheata
Mt. Kenya

Hello! I will try to answer the question in 6 easy steps.

1. First you have to open the app. 

2. After that click on the icon with your activities. It is in the bottom right labeled "You".

3. You will have an icon of your profile above "Activities" which you will press.

4. Now you should be on your profile page. Scroll down until you see "Gear" under "Posts". Click on it.

5. Now press on the plus on the top right.

-To create a bike, you will have to enter a nickname for it (people usually enter the bike name, for example: Ghost Lector 5 LC), choose a type(mountain bike; road bike etc.) and enter the weight. WEIGHT IS VERY IMPORTANT. IT HELPS STRAVA TO CALCULATE YOUR POWER.

-To create a pair of shoes, you'll have to select the brand from the list(for example Nike), enter the model(for example Pegasus 39 Shield), and choose whether you would like to receive notifications.

6. After you chose your gear press "Save".
I hope I was helpful!😀

Shant
Mount Logan

Go go go! 

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)
Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings