cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aug 15th, 2024 - API Issues?

TrainerDay
Shkhara

I see on strava status there are problems.  We are facing problems submitting activities via API.  Normally this is very stable for years for us so we are pretty sure strava API has errors.  Anyone else seeing this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaimegil please don't apologize for mentioning me directly! 

There were residual issues from the incident yesterday but traffic should be restored for all apps. Sincerest apologies to anyone who experienced this issue and for our API status page not reflecting the behavior some of you were experiencing. 

If anyone is still experiencing issues please let me know. 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaimegil please don't apologize for mentioning me directly! 

There were residual issues from the incident yesterday but traffic should be restored for all apps. Sincerest apologies to anyone who experienced this issue and for our API status page not reflecting the behavior some of you were experiencing. 

If anyone is still experiencing issues please let me know. 

We're encountering persistent 403 errors (rate limit exceeded) despite utilizing only 10% of our daily API limit. Our usage graph unexpectedly indicates both daily and 15-minute limit breaches. To address this, we've halted API requests, but the graph continues to reflect high traffic.

We suspect a potential DDoS issue is artificially inflating our usage. Has anyone else observed similar behavior? Any insights or assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

We continue to have this issue and I have emailed support as well.  It's been 4 days since the service has been down.  We would appreciate help to get back our service.  Is anyone else facing this issue? 

No, we had the first day, then one more for a couple hours, but other than it's been working fine.

It seems you have an other issue, the original problem was not a rate limit issue, but a blocked token request server. I suggest you post a separate new topic in this forum, you probably won't get attention for your issue here. And write support again, explain the problem properly and don't link it to the Strava outage issue with the blocked token requests server.

We are getting 401's on reads attempts (causing sessions to logout) and 403's during login attempts, started around 18:51:28 +02.

Hi Elliott, looks like the problem is back?

Unable to authenticate users using the normal authentication method, see my message below, basically getting a response back that it is blocked by cloudfront. 

Thanks @Elliott for sharing the details. Everything seems to be working fine on our side now.

Thanks to everyone involved in fixing the issue, and to everyone here for the help, too.

Working now. Thank u!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings